Jackson Electric - Excessively High Electric Bills

Crab Orchard, Kentucky 1 comment

I live in Kentucky and am on Jackson Electric. Their rates are outrageous. And there is nothing to be done.

Out of a 4 week billing period, I was gone 2 weeks. Only the refrigerator and freezer were left on, nothing else period.

Fore the next 2 weeks, when I was home, I was very conservative of my electric, which I always am. I unplug everything I can, microwave, coffee pot, computer, stereo, etc. I love music, but do not listen to it during the day, no TV, radio, stereo, etc. The TV is sometimes turned on at 6:00pm, but other times only a light to read by. No lights are left on.

I live alone, so do laundry once every 2 or 3 weeks,hanging it on the outside line when possible. I do not cook very much. My electric consumption should be very very low. I keep my thermostat between 65 and 68, turning it back to 60 at night. Don't like being cold, but have not choice.

My bill was $200.43 for that billing period. How in the #@$% can one person use that much electric when they are gone 2 out of the 4 weeks and conserving?

These electric bills have gotten totally out of control and there is nothing we can do as the electric companies are a monopoly and you have no other option.

I now leave my furnace off, and it is 20 to 40 degrees outside. Today it is warmer outside than in. I dress in layers, plus a winter scarf, stocking hat, gloves, sheep wool slippers, and lots of blankets. Sometimes I have to turn the furnace on long enough to lay over a vent, with a blanket over me. I do this a couple of times a day when I get so cold that I just can not stand it. Once I warm up that way, I can face the cold within the house again.

I am considered elderly, so this is a very difficult time for me. Although this would not be good for anybody to have to go through. My neck, back, and legs are aching with muscle spasms because of being cold.

If I am even a little late, they will shut the electric off, again, so I must live in the cold in order to pay the bill. Rather sad, but that is the American way.

Comments

Gainesville, Georgia, United States #969076

Get in touch with the District Manager First of this power company.Legally the

customer service people will have to tell you his name and direct you to his

office.

Or better yet just go down there and ask to talk with him.

You do

not prove this they will not help most likely.